A.) Course Description
The Amercian Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course is totally redesigned to incorporate new science evidence from the 2015 Guidelines and a new teaching methodology.
Through the ACLS course, healthcare providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies.
ACLS emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival: the integration of effective basic life support with advance cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team intreraction and communication during resuscitation. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented
B.) Course Duration
16 hours including skills testing and practice.(2 days)
C.) Written exam & Skill Station
The candidate is evaluated through a written exam and practical test.
D.) Course Completion Card and Certification
Upon successful completion of all students receive ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
- ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
- Physicals, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists and who may need to respond to a cardiovascular emergency.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts; proficiency in basic life support care; recognizing and initiating early management of peri-arrest conditions; managing cardiac arrest; identifying and treating is-chemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes; recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke) and providing initial care; ACLS algorithms; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
ACLS – 6,500/- with books.